1928 Graham Bros. Bush Fire Truck

IMG_0874

This is our 1928 Graham Brothers.  It was originally purchased new by Maffra Milk Products (Now Murray Goulburn) in 1928.  Maffra Fire Brigade purchased the vehicle off of Maffra Co-op in 1943 for 45 pounds.  The vehicle was fitted with a tank, pump and motor and thus became Maffra’s first tanker.  When Maffra was given a new tanker by the CFA, the Graham went to Glenmaggie and from there to Mr M Coleman who used it for a farm truck who is turn sold it to Mr George Smith of Longwarry North.  The Brigade acquired the truck off of George in February 1993 and have  spent $3000 and 700 man hours restoring it.

In 2012 the brigade undertook an extensive rebuild of the engine.  The Graham Bros can now be driven long distances.

The brigade has also built a large trailer for the Graham Bros to be transported around country, towed by Tanker 2.

 

Specifications:

Engine:

  • 6 Cylinder
  • Bore: 3 3/8 Inches
  • Stroke: 4 1/2 Inches
  • 27-35 horsepower
  • 241.45 Cubic Inches

Engine Number: J56056

Chassis Number: 192059

Brakes: 4 wheel hydraulic

Tank: 300 Gallon

Pump: Grazcos pump with 320cc BSA Engine

For more information, contact the Maffra Fire Brigade.

For Photos, go to the Photo Gallery.