Current Incident/Preparation Information

stay informed


Emergency Information:


For current fire information – click here to be taken to the Emergency Information website (

or call the Victorian Bushfire Information Line on 1800 240 667

For road closures – click here to be taken to the VicRoads website


Preparation Information:


Planning and Preparing:

For infomation on how to prepare your home and yourself click here to be taken to the CFA Plan and Prepare information page.

Burning Off:

Want to burn off? You need a permit from the Wellington Shire Council.  Click here. (Scroll to the bottom of their page.)

Once you have your permit, you need to register it with CFA so we know it is happening.  Click here. (This is to stop a fire truck being responded unnecessarily)

Not sure what you can and can’t do while fire restrictions are in force? Click here.


Want to know anything else?

Contact the Country Fire Authority by clicking here

You can contact the Maffra Fire Brigade by clicking here

You can also follow us on Facebook by clicking here